I bet you thought that today was just a standard Friday in November, the last day of the working week and at the very most you may have noted the date (if you’re superstitious. But I bet you weren’t aware that it’s actually a special day.
Did you know that today was World Kindness Day?
Leaving aside the fact that I find it rather concerning that we have to have a special day dedicated to being kind – surely people should be kind every day without the being a special day for it? – I thought I would mark the occasion by writing a kindness themed post?
But my scepticism and naivety aside perhaps we should use today to be extra kind to the world and the people around us? Perhaps we should make a conscious attempt to go above and beyond what we might normally do and make decisions that are based on other people and not ourselves?
Anyway if you’re a bit stumped for idea’s hear are 10 kind things that you can do to help other people.
- Donate money to a charity and a cause that you care about.
- Buy a hot drink or a sandwich for a homeless person.
- Decide to volunteer your time.
- Text someone in your phonebook and tell theme exactly what you love about them.
- Treat yourself to a pamper evening and commit to being kinder to yourself as well as other people.
- Phone a friend that you know might be having a hard time.
- Donate some of your old belongings or clothes to a charity shop.
- Learn more about a cause by researching and reading about it online – knowledge is power and power can be kindness.
- Donate food to your local food bank.
- Take the world kindness day pledge.
Let me know what you will be doing for world kindness day.