Seasons come and seasons go and so do the trends that come with them. Let’s be frank here and I say this as an avid fashion follower, someone that tries to keep on top of the latest fashion looks without losing my sense of me, it is absolutely impossible for an individual to hit every single trend, every single season. So it is a damned good job that certain trends transcend the seasons, the basic staples that last year to year forming the basic components of any outfit.
You know what I’m talking about, jeans, vests and those ballet pumps that are constantly worn and subsequently repurchased. Season after season, year after year. It can even apply to make-up.
So over two posts, over two days, I am going to offer my advise on the ultimate capsule wardrobe and beauty buys. The pieces that I always have in my wardrobe and couldn’t live without.
So today let’s began with clothes and accessories.
- Black skinny jeans. These are the best friend of every female out there as their versatility makes them the perfect wardrobe staple. Perfect for a casual day time ensemble and yet sexy with a cami and pair of luxe heels, these are the perfect season to season item and I am yet to meet anyone that disagrees.
- A slouchy, off the shoulder jumper. Comfortable, cosy and perfect for one of those “you just know I can’t be bothered so I threw on this sexy jumper” days, everyone needs one of these in their lives. I have several and love wearing them on lazy weekends or the occasional day off. Subtly effortless, sexy in a comfortable kind of way and perfect for those winter warming walks. Wear with a pair of skinnies and accessories with a pair of luxe leather gloves, a knitted bobble hat and a compulsory hot chocolate. Take away cup of course.
- Ankle Chelsea boots. Once a style that was reserved solely for the winter months but a single season piece no longer, these boots are the boss in capsule footwear. Warm, comfortable and sophisticated in a way that UGG’s never can be, these boots are the babies to build an outfit around. In Winter they look hot with a pair of skinnies or over tights and yet in Spring they look lush with a bare leg and a flowery mini. What more could a girl honestly want!? These are the stuff of dreams.
- Leather jackets. The style might change slightly from year to year, from biker to trench and stud to fur trimming, but a basic leather jacket will take you from season to season. Invest in a statement piece and it can form the heart of any outfit.
- Pearls. Oh the pearl, my birthstone and arguably the most delicate, classy and simple of the precious elements and yet so understated and ignored. Did I mention that’s my birthstone (and the above description sounds an awful lot like me ;))? Whether worn as earrings, as a necklace or even a ring these beauties never go out of fashion and while they remain so darn pretty, they probably never will!
What are your favourite transcending trends?