Last week I discussed my sheer excitement at Spring’s dawning and I discussed the make-up and nail trends that I am going to be embracing! Today I am back with the other promised edition, namely the clothes edit!
Now I obviously can’t feature every single trend that I am going to be embracing (I probably could but it would be a very, very, very long post) so instead I have just chosen the easiest and most affordable options.
- I picked these chequered trousers up in the New Look sale last year and I have been clinging on to them ever since, waiting for this day to come and finally that day has dawned. Chequered trousers are going to be big for Spring and are perfect for a “to the office” trend. I love these bad boys but there are plenty of versions out there, with all different shapes and sizes catered for! For an extra fashion hit, add a crop top or a pair loose sweatshirt and where with flats.
- Old news, I know, but pastels are back with avengance. I love this loose blue top from River Island and it’s perfect for my office outfit. The key is to look for “sherbet shades” and for an added fashion statement wear them all together! I am loving wearing this pale blue top with my pale pink skirt!
- It’s no longer ok to only bare if you dare because this season sheer panels are everywhere! From shirts and tops to skirts, sheer paneling will add an instant update to your wardrobe. Be sure to chose panels that flatter your figure, shape and size and for an extra injection of style wear them in pretty pastel shades. The high-street have some gorgeous options that will easily tick the two boxes.
- Tartan has managed to cling on for the past two seasons and once again it is hanging around. This season however it’s all about the muted or slightly altered tartan. For an easy update why not try an “inside out” print, like the top that I recently featured from Topshop (NB. New Look now have a version too for half the price). The other option is to go for one of the pretty pink or pastel options, I love this little pink dress (is that a thing yet?) from New Look and cannot wait for mine to arrive!
- Daisy, daisy I am in love with you! The daisy print has been popping up everywhere of late and is an easy way to start working some florals into your summer wardrobe. It’s one of the easiest floral prints to wear and with all manner of versions popping up on the high-street there is definitely something for everyone!
What are you wearing this spring?