Gosh it’s been a long time since I wrote a blog post, so bare with me because I am feeling really rusty. It has been a really busy summer and although I promised myself that I would balance all my commitments- family, career, blog, political commitments- unfortunately something had to give. I guess sometimes we have to make choices and while blogging is a massive and enjoyable part of my life, it was the one thing that I could afford to put on the back seat.
I write in a routine and moving about the country for work, family and political commitments made finding this routine extremely hard. In many ways I’m sad that summer has come to an end but at the same time I’m excited to get back in to my routine and to start blogging once again.
Seeing as my writing skills seem to have temporarily left me I thought I would start back with a catch-post and tell you about the six summer lessons I’ve learnt this year.
1. To be respected you have to respect yourself.
2. Sometimes you have to do the things that make you feel anxious, otherwise other people will have all the fun.
3. You cannot make everyone like you and you cannot make some people love you
4. I deserve all the things I want from life, as long as I work hard for them.
5. You have to form your own opinions, judgements and morals, even if it does involve a lot of research.
6.Surprisingly an iPhone can survivor the sea.