Hey guys and welcome back,
How are you all? So as you know today is of course Monday and that does mean that it is time for another make-up review. As you can see from the above picture and title, I am going to be reviewing the NEW Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and also the new Stay Blusher (separate post). These are new products, they came out one day last week, and not to be confused with the older Rimmel Stay Matte foundation which has been out for a long time. I picked both of these up in Boots because they currently have their awesome buy one get one half price offer on which actually runs across many different ranges. The foundation itself is £5.99 which is obviously a very good priced foundation and the blusher is £4.49. So let’s get to it.
- Blends flawlessly
- Feather light
- Natural looking
- All day shine control
- The price is obvioulsy a massive positive
- There are 6 colours available but they are all pretty light. I bouhgt Ivory because thats the Rimmel shade that I usaully am, and already on the back of my hand it looks far too light for me,
- The packaging is a lot nicer than the old Stay Matte foundation, but I can’t say that I like it still. It’s pretty boring and I think it looks really cheap.
- Its a squeezy bottle, which I don’t mind actually because it is still easy to get the foundation out of the bottle.
- It has a very slight smell to it.
- It says that it is a liquid moose but it looks pretty solid on my hand, even more solid than the old Stay Matte consistencty. I have taken a close up of the substance below.
- It’s a little bit difficult to blend seamlessly it’s a lot more solid than it sounds. I found it was best to warm wit up first.
- It does give pretty good coverage I have to admit, so it would be really good if your having one of those bad skin days!
- It does dry very matte, but I didn’t find that this was too much of a problem, because it didn’t cling to dry patches like a lot of matte make up does
- It didn’t look very natural on, it looked as if I was wearing make up and I like my make up to look seamlessly natural. I didn’t feel it give me that.
- I did have a bit of shine on my forehead and around my nose
- It lasted all day, and didn’t slip off at all.
- Verdict- another pretty good foundation from Rimmel, but not as natural as other foundations in their range. I will be using this again however, particularly if I know that in going to be out all day or in gain a bad skin day! One of the better Matte products in drugstores.Next Week – New Seventeen CC Cream review