Hey my lovelies,
How are you today?
So I recently did something naughty and after a heated discussion with my bank balance and my better judgement I did a teeny bit of shopping (six or seven reviews worth, eek) please don’t judge me. Now the truth is that although I really WANTED some of the products that I bought, I did not NEED them and a lot of these I have purely bought so that I can practice reviewing them for you. Therefore over the next few weeks there will be numerous little reviews on these products.
I’m usually a Revlon kind of person, very really do I wear lipstick (I am trying to wear it more often however) and I currently have a favourite mascara but because thre was a 2 for £10.00 offer in Boots I decided to give these a little go.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, 40 Rendevouz, click here. 2 for £10 or £7.99 each. I chose this colour because I must confess that my collection is lacking a “peach/ orange” lipstick.
- I really like the package, because it is really sleek and easy to carry around with you. It is obviously very similar to the Clinique Chubby Sticks packaging.
- I love how much product you get with it! I was pleasantly surprised and I can see that lasting a long time.
- I really love the colour. It is a lot more wearable than it actually looks. Very pretty. It does have some small sparkles in it, but it is not noticeable on the lips.
- It has a lovely minty smell
Verdict- Quite looking forward to giving this a try 4/5.
Lucious Lash Potion Mascara, waterproof, click here. 2 for £10 or £9.99 out of the offer.
- I really like the packaging on this. The tube has a magical-look about it (of course matches the name) and it really caught my eye. (It helps that Emma Stone is modelling it I mean have you seen her boyfriend)
- The brush is simply a brush, it doesn’t look particularly revolutionary (it is a triangle shape with small bristles on each side. Its quite long and as a fun of the Maybelline mascaras, which tend to be a bit smaller, I can’t say I am excited to use this.
Verdict- Not particularly excited about this I can’t say it looks that special but I will, of course, give it a go 2/5.
Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stains, 40 Rendevouz.
Positives-I have been using this beautiful colour for just over a week now and I must admit that I really really love it. The colour is beautiful (just the right kind of bright) and on first application it looks incredibly glossy, the colour is also buildable. It does dry quite matte through the day, but it also feels really good. Unlike some lipsticks it isn’t sticky and still has a nice shine to it. Of course it does fade throughout the day, but three top ups can easily take me from AM to PM. I feel my lips look more shapely when it is on too. There is quite a good variety of colours available, and I feel there is something for everyone. As I sad before the packaging is really cute, I love the smell and also how much product you get with it.
Negatives- I do feel that my lips dry out ever so slightly and it can leave a thick line of colour at the back of the lip, but that could be exclusive to me because I suffer with sore lips sometimes. I really can’t find any other negatives.
Verdict– I loved this one so much that I actually went and purchased two more while the offer was still on (honey and darling). I can see me buying the full set over time. I would recommended these to anyone but if you have dry lips be sure to top it up and apply a lip balm first. I would definitely give them a 4.5/5
Lucious Lash Potion Mascara, waterproof.
I wasn’t expecting to be overwhelmed with this item and I can honestly say that I wasn’t. I found it quite clumpy, and I didn’t feel it made my lashes look very much longer. Unlike my current favourite mascara, it didn’t last anywhere near as long and I did end up with “panda eyes” by the evening. I am sorry but I really do not rate this mascara. L
Verdict– Not for me I’m afraid, but as I like the packaging and the idea behind it I will be slightly more lenient and say 1.5/5.
(Images taken from The Sunday Girl and the Revlon advert)