Last year Maybelline finally released the famed Baby Lips lip balms here in the UK, and this month they broadened the range by adding a primer-type product. The Baby Skin Instant pore eraser has been hotly anticipated and has been one that I have been desperate to pick up, so let’s see how it fairs.
- Smooth and pore-less skin.
- More refined.
- Can be worn with or without primer.
I am having a really bad skin day today so I wasn’t going to take pictures of moi, so instead I have used my hand!
- I really like the bottle design because it fits in perfectly with the childlike theme of the general baby range and I quiet like the pale blue and pink contrast.
- BUT….I really don’t like the tiny narrow pipe at the bottle top. It reminds me of a spot cream, and doesn’t seem fitting for this product time.
- It’s a gel like consistency, and reminds me of the Smashbox primer because that is a similar colourless gel too. I didn’t like the Smashbox one but this one feels a lot smoother and not as sticky as that one did.
- This blends easily and it slips over the skin easily. It’s not sticky or greasy and it did do a pretty good job of immediately smoothed and evened out my pores and skin colouring.
- My make-up sat perfectly on it and my foundation lasted all day.
Verdict- This is a really good high-street primer and I am pleasantly surprised by this product. It’s not my favourite, I love the L’Oreal studio fix primer because it is luxuriously thick and thickens out the skin beautifully, and this definitely lacks the thickness. This is a lot cheaper than that one, and is definitely worth the money. I am definitely going to be using this, and who knows, on good skin days then maybe I will wear it alone!! 4/5.
Have you tried this?