Hey guys and welcome to another review! How are you?
So I am today bringing you another review, and once again it is a foundation (be warned I have about five more ready for you). So I am going to make a confession, one that I am sure will lower my “beauty” cred, I have never tried a L’Oreal foundation before, nope not even the True Match. I can’t really give you a valid reason why, but I haven’t. However for the purpose of this blog I decided to pick this one up recently. It is of course the new, L’Oreal Nude Magique Foundation. This is quite an expensive high-street foundation, it falls at the top end at £9.99 (it’s actually on £6.99 in Boots as an introductory price) but let’s see if it is worth the cost.
- Lighter than water
- No make-up feel
- I really like the packaging, it’s a frosty, thick glass with a metallic purple. It looks elegant and chic.
- You don’t appear to get a lot of product, and I hate that there is no pump. The bottle is like a perfume bottle (the one’s you shake against your finger to remove product) and while I get the idea, that you use less, I don’t think it is very practical. I might be alone in this but it went everywhere and also takes longer to get out of the packaging.
- The colour looks pretty perfect for me.
- This foundation is definitely light and has very little coverage, but it definitely lives up to its claims because it is one of the softest foundations that I have ever worn on my skin. It didn’t feel heavy, didn’t cake and it lasted pretty much all day.
- Blends really easily and seamlessly.
- Although it wasn’t great on blemishes, it made my skin glow and I really liked the natural finish that it gave.
Verdict- This is a really fantastic foundation; I only wish that the bottle was better designed. I will be using this on my “good skin” days. 4/5