Hey everyone and welcome back!!
So while I was away visiting my friend, I was extremely excited to have been nominated for a Liebster Award and I have been really looking forward to writing my post! First of all I want to thank the beautiful LittleIrishBeautyBox for nominating me, and for the sweet things that she said about me! If you don’t already follow her blog then you certainly should because it’s really good. Sometimes some of the posts that I write, particularly those about my mental health, can be really difficult and it therefore means a lot to be recognised and it really does give you a fantastic confidence boost. (I apologise for the delay in this post, but there is a reason for that and I will explain below).
With this award come rules to follow to help get more new blogs noticed.
1. Recognize the nominator(s) and thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
3. Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
4. Answer the 10 questions that the nominator asked you.
5. Create your own 10 questions.
6. Nominate 5 bloggers with less than 3000 followers and let the nominees know you’ve nominated them.
7. Nominate 5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
So here we go!!
Q and A
What was your first ever blog post about?
This is a really good question actually, and it really got me thinking! Over the years I have started several blogs and I actually had to do a bit of research to find this one out (things I do for you). I did manage to find you an answer, but I am sorry to say that my first blog post was rather boring it was a book review!
How have you changed in your writing style/ topic choices as you’re followers have started to grow?
Again this another really good one! I don’t think my writing style has hugely changed, I like to think that I have become far more engaging in the way I right, but I don’t think my style has changed greatly! Ask me again when I have 10 million followers! 😛
What colour are your nails right now?
Boringly, I don’t actually have a colour on my nails right now because I am having them done next week! It’s been an exciting time for my nails lately (I really need to get out more) because for the first time in my entire life, I actually have nails! Until about three months ago I but my nails, but after sustained pressure from my family (you know who you are) and a huge amount of will on my part I have finally started growing them!
Do you like the penciled in eyebrow look or the natural look?
I really like a mix of both. I am not a fan of the huge, black caterpillar look (Katie Price I am looking at you), but I do like my brows to look bolder than they actually are. My eyebrows are currently in the process of growing back for reshaping and I am therefore having to use a pencil more than I would! I really like the L’Oreal Brow Artise Eyebrow Pencil because it’s very natural-looking.
Are you a fake tan worshiper or proud to flaunt your natural skin?
I can honestly say that I’m not to fussed either way. Sometimes I like to use a tinted moisturizer and on the odd occasion a dark tan, but usually I just go for the natural look. While a tan can definitely enhance your features (legs and cleavage primarily), the pale look shouldn’t be shunned entirely, I think it can look really beautiful!
Do/did you study a topic that is related to fashion/beauty in school/college/uni?
Nope. Nothing at all! I did history in university!
What is your dream job?
I have flitted between so many careers (from interior design, astronaut to journalist and barrister) over the years but for the first time in my life I can honestly say that I know what I want to do. Although I am working on the specifics I want to work in politics, or policy and would love to change the world!! I’m working on this by the way! I also want to have had my novels published!
Who is the one blogger who stands out in your mind right now and why? (try not to say me as i’m writing this lol)
I really love people like Zoella and Tanya Burr, because I find their posts so mood enhancing and I love that both suffer with anxiety!!
What is your favourite makeup brand?
Ohhh this is a tricky one! I have so many! One thing is certain, it would be a high street brand and I would narrow it down to Maybelline and Bourjois!
What is your all time favourite biscuit?
This is my favoruite question! I have to say that it is probably the Iced Rings because they remind me of my childhood!
My questions to my nominations!
1. Describe your day in one word.
2. What has been the best moment of your blogging journey?
3. What is your secret guilty pleasure? (Please don’t be too naughty)
4. Using song lyrics, how would you some up your life?
5. Who is your idol?
6. What is your favourite season and why?
7. If you were on a desert island what three things (possessions, NOT family, friends or dogs) would you miss the most?!
8. Who was your first ever crush?
9. What’s your life motto?
10. Are you an eyes or a lips person?
Now I must admit that apart the regular blogs I read, I am really a bit hopeless at reading other people’s blogs but I like that this has opened my eyes to the other blogs out there! I did do a lot of research and searching to find these blogs, and then found it difficult to narrow it down!! Hard life isn’t it, anyway here they are!
1. Scarphella. This is an abstract and out there blog, but I really like the posts on here and they really get me thinking! Have a look and you will see what I mean!
2. Heroine In Heels. This is a really fantastic fashion blog, and I love looking at the excellent fashion snaps that this beauty posts. I think she is certainly one to watch! I love the name of the blog too, so cute!
3. Naked Beauty. I really like this blog, I love reading her reviews and find myself checking regularly. Obviously someone that knows her stuff! Check her out!!
4. Novella After Glow. I really love this cute and kitsch blog! An excellent blog!
5. Mental Health Diary. This is a beautiful blog about an ongoing mental health battle that a mother and her daughter have faced. Beautiful and inspiring.
So that’s it! Thank you for reading, and speak soon!! xxxx