I’m not a huge fan of January. I mean not only is it really dark and dreary but it’s also anti-climatic as we crash down to earth after the festive Christmas season. And that’s without the sugar withdrawal’s. It sucks right? But instead of dwelling on how horrible January is (totally is) I decided to channel my distaste in to something positive and this month I have really been working hard to achieve my goals.
I’ve decided that each month I am going to sit down and review the month passed, what went well, what went bad and what I definitely need to work!
The highs //
- Working really hard on my blog, taking part in more chats than I have in forever and ALMOST managing to blog every day.
- Despite earlier posts I feel as if I’ve finally found content that really works for me, I’m really happy with my blog at the moment and for the first time in forever I am enjoying it.
- Coming up with an exciting new idea, which I cannot wait to launch next week.
- I’ve made H-u-uuugggee progress on my novel and I can’t wait to work on it!
- Making exciting plans with family and friends for the next few months.
- Playing around with my blog temple. I’ve changed the colour of the text in my widgets and added the “currently reading” section.
The lows //
- Not improving my health as much as I wanted to.
- The weather which has really been affecting my mood.
- Letting myself down when I needed to work hard but getting distracted and losing my motivation. Sigh.
The best blog posts I’ve written //
- I loved writing and sharing my Making a Murderer post, if you haven’t see it yet then you should go check that out.
- I wouldn’t say that I enjoyed writing my Holocaust Memorial Day post but it is a subject that is close to my heart. It’s always something that I’ve felt the need to talk about and this year I waned to do the same.
- I find writing to be incredibly cathartic so this weekend I benefited from writing about my anxiety. It was something that had been bubbling under the surface for a while and something I needed to get off my chest.
What I want from February //
- To keep up the consistency of my blog.
- To get more involved with the blogging community.
- To hit my goals and targets.
How has your January been?