Hey everyone, how are you?
I am really excite to be writing this post, it feels like so long since I last reviewed a foundation for you but that is exactly what I am doing today!
If you’re a regular reader of my blog then you will know that I am a massive Bourjois fan, and I think that their Healthy Mix foundation is the next best thing to Touche Eclat on the highstreet, I was therefore really intrigued by the release of the Happy Light foundation.
I picked mine up a few weeks ago in Boots, for £11.99 which is quite expensive but I am really excited to finally review this for you!
- I like the bottle. It’s simple, but fits in with the rest of the brands products and I love that it has a pump. I also like the peach colour of the pump.
- I picked mine up in the shade 51 vanilla, because this is the shade that I always use and I’m immediately concerned that it looks significantly darker than the Healthy Mix 51.
- When it is blended, I can see that it’s not a bad match, but I will have to be careful with it because I think it could be a bit dark if not blended well enough.
- Considering that it is a “luminous” foundation, there doesn’t appear to be any glitter, so I am really intrigued to see what it does.
- There is a slight smell, which I quite like!
So here I am before (having a bad skin/face day at the moment) and after (like magic, I do have some other products on but no concealer so you get a good idea).
- It must be a medium coverage and covers blemishes pretty well, but it particularly covers redness.
- It definitely looks really natural and blends seamlessly.
- I don’t think it’s very luminous.
- It lasts a fairly long time, at a guess I would say about 5 hours.
Verdict- It’s not my favourite foundation but I do really like it because it looks really natural and is so easy to apply. A 4/5.
Have you used this? What do you think?