Hello everybody and welcome back to my blog!
How are you today?
I must admit that I am really excited to be writing this post today because it does of course mean that I have received my very first Birchbox. I must admit that I have had this box for over a week now, but I just haven’t had the time to blog about it. So here we go!
Now this is my very first Birchbox because I have only just subscribed but I have had Glossybox in the past. For those of you have never heard of these before, it is basically a subscription service and each month you get a cute box filled with beauty samples and goodies. I find it really good to introduce you to new brands, especially if like me, you might not normally be willing to step outside of your comfort zone. I will insert a link below :).
So each month I am going to be doing a post like this, which will show you what I got inside my box and my general first impressions of each. Then at the end of each month I will review the products in the boxes and also tell you which box I thought was best! Now as my glossybox subscription doesn’t begin until next month I will just be talking about my Birchbox here, and I will be reviewing its contents at the end of the week for you!!
Inside my box…and first impressions
The actual box I pretty bland and not quite as strong as the Glossybox one’s that I have had in the past. I do however like the cute little drawstring bag that is in the inside, I think that is quite cute. I must confess that I am not overwhelmed and the sample sizes are not amazing either, however there are a few things that I am happy about.
The Lifestyle extras were the popcorn and the eye mask.
- Bluemandarines SkinLife Energetic Celluar Cream, the full size would be £35.00. It claims to brighten, refresh and protect.
- Montibel.lo Gold Oil Essence. Full size would be £22.50. Claims to nourish strengthen and add shine. This I am pretty excited about as my hair can definitely be difficult sometimes. I have also been considering buying an oil lately so this is the perfect excuse for me to try one. J
- LAQA and Co Lip Pencil (Ring of Fire). Full Size would be £!2.00. This is a pretty decent sized product to be fair. The colour is slightly daunting as it is a vivd red but I am willing to give it a go. I have recently been loving the Revlon Balm stains (Review linked here) which is also a pencil design, so this is exciting too.
- Molton Brown Yland Ylang BodyWash. Full size is £18.00.
- Gerda Spillman Hydro Pearls. Full size is £30.00. It claims to smooth skin and help make up stay. This is probably my favourite item in the box because I really value a good primer and having being stung once (boughy an expensive one and hated it) I like that I can try this fairly expensive primer and see how it goes. Again not an amazing size, and I generally like my primers with a thicker consistency than this actually is (L’Oreal Studio Secrets is my go-to) I am really excited to try this one out.
Not very impressed with the box, as I have heard other people say before I would much rather more make up included, but as I had it at the very end of the month (possibly the dregs) and it is the first ever one I will stick with it for a few months and see how it goes. As for the products, well I will be reviewing them for you and reporting back on Friday.