I’ve wanted to write one of these posts for a while but I’ve really struggled to find two items similar enough to warrant a comparison but finally I’ve done it! these two foundations, one high end and one high street, are surprisingly two peas out of a pod. So today I’m going to compare the L’Oreal Nude Magique Foundation and the Chanel Vitalumiere foundation. It’s not review, I’ve already reviewed both of these items, but a comparisson with the aim of finding out which one is the best.
I’ll be honest with you from the outset and admit that I actually love both of these beauties and choosing a winner is going to be really difficult. So….in the name of beauty, let’s do this!
- Both of these foundations have a watery consistency and are therefore really easy to blend.
- I like the consistency of both because you only need the smallest amount and particularly when using the expensive Chanel foundation that is a god send.
- They are light coverage foundations, perfect for the summer because they allow your skin to breath and both look really natural.
- Both separate when they have not been shaken.
- As you can see in the above picture (ignore the pink stain I was doing two blog posts at once) both foundations are really similar in colour and in all honesty both are perfect much for me.
The differences…(very few)
- I much prefer the Chanel bottle because it is designed for purpose. It’s made from a flexi plastic, meaning you only have to give it a slight squeeze and the nozzle makes it far easier to control the quantity. I personally find the L’Oreal bottle a bit awkward to use and the shape of the entrance makes it really hard to control the outflow.
- The L’oreal foundation (combined with my trusted face finity primer) tends to last about five hours, which is still pretty good for a high-street product but my Chanel easily lasts for 8 hours.
The Winner…………………………………………Chanel Vitalumiere
Both of these are amazing foundations but the Chanel definitely pips the L’Oreal to the post, because of it’s bottle, it’s lasting power and the fact that it just has something special about it. However if the Chanel Vitalumiere is currenyly out of your budget, then I would happily reeccomend L’Oreal Magique as a budget alternative and it many ways it’s pretty much a dupe.
Did you like this post?