Hey everyone and welcome back! How are you?
I apologise that I haven’t posted on here for a while, but I haven’t really been using much make-up and I haven’t been using any new make-up that I have. Next week however, I have some time off work so I will be reviewing them then.
So in case you hadn’t noticed it is of course autumn, and for me autumn is the most exciting fashion and beauty season. It’s all about gorgeous dark colours and layering! (Who doesn’t love layering).
This is the first of two posts on autumn trends and the second will be about autumn fashion, and I hope to have this one uploaded by the end of next week!
So here we go!
I love a bold eye, and for me autumn is the perfect opportunity to do this. While summer is all about bright pops of colour, and little eyeliner, autumn is all about the Smokey eye. I love using autumnal colours in replacement of my standard black eye colour, and really love introducing metallic into my eye palette! (I will do a post on my favourite eye looks in the next few weeks, so keep your eyes).
Key product to buy
- High End Version- Mac’s Sketch, and Coquette are gorgeous.
- Bourjois Paris Color Edition 24h eyeshadow, these are gorgeous particularly “violet celeste” which is a gorgeous cranberry, £6.99.
- The MUA Eye shadow Pearls are excellent products if you’re on a budget. I really like several of their products, including 28,26 and 24.
Most of the time I believe that lips and eyes should be an either or situation, but autumn is a season where you can get away with doing both. That aside however, I love going for a dark lip in autumn and chose to switch my bright red for berry’s and dark, dark reds.
Key Products to buy
- High End: RiRi for Mac lipstick, in the colour Talk that Talk.
- At the moment I loving blackberry shades, and have recently purchased the beautiful Maybelline Maybelline New York Color Sensational Lipstick, in the gorgeous colour “Midnight Plum”. Now this is a very dark purple, and if you are a bit nervous of dark colours, this is perfect because it is a buildable colour. I like wearing a dash of this with very little blusher. It is also a bargain at just £7.14
For me autumn nails are neutral, and dark and I will be abandoning pastel colours his autumn!
- High End: I love Nails Inc’s new autumn and winter collection. The colours are perfect and are wearable throughout the season. I also really like their new gel range, particularly the burgundy and beige.
- Maybelline Colour Show, these are my go-to high street nail polish because I love the variety of colours and must confess to owning more than I should. This season however I’ll be reaching for Marinho and Ballerina.
Hair is looking pretty simple this season, wear it in lose waves and curls or pin it into a messy bun. If you are looking to try something different however, it’s all about plats particularly with a focus on half-up, half-down do’s. Like these….
Tweet me pictures if you decide to give any of these tips go, and always please let me know what you thought and what your loving this monrh!
Speak soon xoxoxo