Happy New Year beautiful readers, family and friends!!
True to form this post is a little later than expected but as the New Year is still very much in it’s infancy, I wanted to get this post written. I always feel that the New Year is an exciting opportunity to start a fresh, set new goals and challenges but more importantly reflect on the year that has just passed. As I share a lot of my life on this blog I decided it was only fair for me to share my ambitions for the new year with you too.
The year passed…
It’s fair to say that 2014 was a pretty momentous year for me, it was busy, memorable and there were lots of small achievements along the way. It was the year I found my union family, a place that feels remarkably like home and was even asked to speak at this year’s May day rally. Had you suggested this to me last year, I probably would have laughed and told you to not be so blooming silly! I guess that I would never have felt it possible. Yet with my Unite comrades behind me and one particular individual having much confidence in me, I never even questioned my ability. So I gave the speech and felt invincible.
This year has been a massive learning curve, I’ve learnt a lot about politics, myself and have definitely learnt some life lessons along the way. My beliefs in equality, community and social justice have only further been cemented and I am more convinced of my convictions than ever before, especially having met some incredibly inspiring people along the way.
Sadly and regretfully I have also made some massive mistakes, things that I am by no means proud of, but each has taught me an important lesson and I intend to use these lessons to make 2015 the best year of my life.
All in all, 2014 was pretty special and has left me with some amazing memories. I have the feeling that 2015 is going to be the year that it all happens, I can feel it in me bones (good grammar there Kay) and in a way I feel like 2014 was the practice run. I feel ready, I feel that I have the tools and in 2015…I am going to smash it!
What I want from 2015?
- I want to continue to grow my blog and hopefully reach my next subscriber goal! I don’t want to share the exact figure here but needless to say if progress continues as it has been there’ll be no issue!
- Inspired by Lilly Pebbles I am going to start a Project Life album.
- I am going to help ensure that a Labour Government is elected in May 2015, as I feel this is crucial for the future of the country. This is something I really need to work on but from this point on, I am committed to working hard for my party and will be on the doorstep as regularly as I can!
- Get a novel published! Sadly this is a goal that I continue to dream about but am yet to fully accomplish (almost there but not quite). I have so many different novel ideas that I really struggle to commit to a single story but this year I intend to finish at least one!
- This is the year that I finally get fit! I want to run the 5K in June, so Monday I am officially in training!
- Travel more and try new things!
I really enjoy sharing this kind of information with you, I think it helps me keep motivated and in a way makes me accountable to someone. I love the idea of us all working together to achieve our goals and am therefore keen to hear from you too!
What do you want 2015 to mean for you?