Last week I gave my verdict on which trends I thought were going to dominate 2014 on the make-up and shoe front, and as predicted (see what I did there) I am back with my second installment!
So without further ado here are my clothing, hair and accessories predictions…..
- Pastel Clothes. Yup a safe bet I know, but pastel tones are sticking around for a long time yet. This year it is going to be about pale blue, pale pinks and luxe lilacs and for extra bang, where them all at once. For an extra shot of style be sure to invest in androgynous crisp and tailored pieces.
- 3D. Yup, 3D jumpers and shirts were all over the catwalks in London 2013 and is going to go huge. Think petals and flowers galore!
- Bomber jackets. Sports luxe is another trend that is sticking around and this time bomber jackets are going to be huge. Make this feminine by wearing them in gorgeous, delicate silk with beautiful patterns or to hit two trends at once, go for a pastel hue. With this look it is all about texture, make the jacket do the talking for the entire outfit.
- Jumpers! Think jumper think winter? Change this thought now because jumpers are going to be trans-seasonal and are huge this spring. I LOVE this thought, because even in the Spring it is cold here in Wales. These jumpers are thin and colourful with three-quarter sleeves.
- Collarless coats. My last pick has to be the collarless coat trend! This began to show its head this year, the Topshop pink coat anyone, but is set to get huge this year. For added buck make it a pastel toned lovely, I really like the dusty blue version.
- Stars! Every few years Stars make a huge reappearance and this year is no different at all. I am so glad that I kept my star printed scarf from a few years ago. To really hit this trend however, be sure to invest in a star studded necklace. Think of loose, grungy looking necklaces with a lot of bits hanging low.
- 2014- the year of the bangle. Bangles, bangles everywhere and I am literally talking jingle-jangle as you walk. This year thick chunky bangles are going to be everywhere and are stacked on each arm. To avoid looking trashy or silly, ensure you mix styles, textures and colour (gold and silver say hello to each other). For added edge, push one three-quarters of the way up your arm.
- Chandelier earrings. Think Pat Butcher but with a lot more class. To get this trend right ensure that your earrings are big, bold but think Russian Royalty and NOT Royal Family (the TV show not the actual monarchy). Colour- rusty or rose gold with multi-coloured stones to add some pop. Shape- Think tear drop or crosses.
- Get the chop. All across the blogsphere people are having the chop, and I am seriously considering it! I don’t mean pixie crop, I mean shoulder length, long layers, no fringe kind of chop! This is already seeming to be THE cut of 2014!
- Reverse dip-dye! Dark on the lighter on the top, dark on the bottom!
- Multi-Ombre. Think dip-dye but instead of one ombre coloour think three!